Question

Unknown Coordinate system error at end of log with Inspector

• 27 January 2023
  • 1 reply

I'm getting a weird error at the very end of the log (after Translation was SUCCESSFUL)

The dataset is LL-GDA2020 but at the end I get this, even after adding in a reprojector just in case and setting it to reproject from source to LL-GDA2020: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feature Type: `'

Attribute(string: windows-1252): `fme_geometry' has value `fme_point'

Attribute(string: windows-1252): `fme_type' has value `fme_point'

Coordinate System: `_LL-WGS84_0'

Geometry Type: IFMEPoint

Coordinate Dimension: 3

(148.19125855756474,-32.732898266064595,0)

===========================================================================

Unknown coordinate system '_LL-WGS84_0' specified - aborting

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feature Type: `'

Attribute(string: windows-1252): `fme_geometry' has value `fme_point'

Attribute(string: windows-1252): `fme_type' has value `fme_point'

Coordinate System: `_LL-WGS84_0'

Geometry Type: IFMEPoint

Coordinate Dimension: 3

(148.19125855756474,-32.732898266064595,0)

===========================================================================

Unknown coordinate system '_LL-WGS84_0' specified - aborting

I also implemented a GeometryFilter on the dataset just to see if it would spit out any points but it's all polygons. Anyone else come across this issue? (Version is 2021.1.0.1....I know, I need to update but a bit behind)

EDIT UPDATE: I just pinpointed it to the connect Inspector - as soon as I removed all connected inspectors out of the .fmw the error message goes away. Was this a noted bug in the 2021 version and does anyone know why/if it's been removed in the 2022 version?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

I think the reason you're seeing that is because "_LL-WGS84-0" isn't a coordinate system, "LL-WGS84" is.

The reason why your reprojector wouldnt be fixing it is because you're trying to reproject, and because the feature isn't is a valid coordinate system it can't reproject.

What you need to use instead is the coordinatesystemsetter. All this does is set the coordinate system. It doesn't reproject. So if you used the coordinatesystemsetter on a feautre that is in NZTM (my local system in meters) and tried to set it to LL-WGS84 (DMS) it would do it, but when you look at the data, it will be all wrong as its looking for coordinates that are well in excess of the -180 - +180 bounds of LL-WGS84