Question

Stroking CurvePolygon/CompoundCurves

• 19 January 2023
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

I note that ArcStroker will stroke CircularStrings but my testing indicates it won't stroke CurvePolygons and CompoundCurves. What transformer will allow me to so stroke those geometries?

Simon

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @simongreener​,

Please provide a sample of your CurvePolygons and CompoundCurves, and I will see if FME can stroke them for you.

Hi @simongreener​,

Please provide a sample of your CurvePolygons and CompoundCurves, and I will see if FME can stroke them for you.

Dave,

I have tried to replicate the problem I was seeing.

I can't find the original geometry data that was causing the problem (there are hundreds of thousands of WKT of mixed quality).

ArcStroker behaves against the following SQLCreator SQL:

select id,geom
  from (select 1 as id,geometry::STGeomFromText('CIRCULARSTRING(-2 0,1 1,0 0)',0) as geom
        union all
        select 2 as id,geometry::STGeomFromText('COMPOUNDCURVE((-2 -2,-2 0),CIRCULARSTRING(-2 0,1 1,0 0))',0) as geom
        union all
        select 3 as id,geometry::STGeomFromText('CURVEPOLYGON(COMPOUNDCURVE((1 1,0 2,-2 0),CIRCULARSTRING(-2 0,-1 -1,0 0),(0 0,1 1)))',0) as geom
        union all
        select 4 as id,geometry::STGeomFromText('GEOMETRYCOLLECTION (CURVEPOLYGON(COMPOUNDCURVE((1 1,0 2,-2 0),CIRCULARSTRING(-2 0,-1 -1,0 0),(0 0,1 1))))',0) as geom
) as g

I hope I didn't waste any of your time.

Simon