Question

How to use the FME rest api to move workspaces/repos from one fme server to another

• 16 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi Community!

I would like to know how, if possible, I can move workspaces from one fme server to another using the rest api. The overall goal is to use the rest api to backup the contents of one fme server onto another. Has anyone done something like this in the past and if so what did you do?

Cheers,

John

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I haven't done it myself but it looks like it's possible, you can use the projects/projects endpoint to create a project, then projects/projects/<project>/export/download to download it and finally projects/import/upload to upload it into a new FME Server setup.

Badge

This solution definitely has worked! To build onto it is there also a way to add web connections to a project utilizing the fme rest api?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

This solution definitely has worked! To build onto it is there also a way to add web connections to a project utilizing the fme rest api?

Yes, the projects/projects/<project>/item endpoint should take care of that.

Badge

Thanks! this helps place the item in the project itself but how do I get the web connection information from the server? Sadly it didn't transfer over with the repository in my test.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Just for clarification: do you have the web connection on the server where you want to add it to a project?