Question

When trying to run a workspace I get an error saying "Undefined macro 'OUTFIELDS' dereferenced in file 'a file that doesn't exist'

• 13 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

I created a workbench in an earlier version of FME workbench and then when I updated it to 2022.1 it eventually stopped working referencing an undefined macro 'OUTFIELDS' to a file that doesn't exist when the translation fails. I tried copy and pasting the workbench into a new workbench but that didn't work. I tried updating to 2022.2 but that also didn't work. I'm hoping someone here has had a similar issue and knows how to fix it. I am trying to avoid recreating the workbench from scratch because it is rather large

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

"OUTFIELDS" is likely a parameter causing the issue. What kind of parameter is that, and is the value populated correctly?

Badge +5

"OUTFIELDS" is likely a parameter causing the issue. What kind of parameter is that, and is the value populated correctly?

I'm not sure but I found where the error was coming from (a geocoder) by systematically deleting transformers and running the workbench until it worked.