Solved

Convert ArcGIS Pro Annotation (geodb_pro_annotation) to Standard Annotation (geodb_annotation)

• 11 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

Converted ArcGIS Pro Annotation (geodb_pro_annotation) to Standard Annotation (geodb_annotation) with the help of Dynamic File Geodatabase reader and Dynamic File Geodatabase writer. Enclosed the developed FME workspace template for your reference.

However, when opened the generated output Standard Annotation (geodb_annotation) feature class in ArcMap (version 10.8.1), getting an error saying "One or more layers failed to draw".

Please refer to enclosed screenshot from ArcMap and help to advice how to handle this situation.

One or more layers failed to draw 

Found no issues with the output when used Static File Geodatabase reader. However in our case, need to use the Dynamic File Geodatabase reader only.

Thank you..!

Note: Enclosed FME workspace created using FME(R) 2022.1.0.0 (20220704 - Build 22618 - WIN64)

icon

Best answer by danminneyatsaf 11 January 2023, 21:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @ranga_tolapi​ I've just tested out your workspace and the output Annotation Feature Class looks correct to me. One thing to note is that I am running FME(R) 2022.2.0.0 (20221103 - Build 22765 - WIN64).

I am also opening the FGDB in ArcMap 10.8.1

If you're able to, I recommend testing your workspace in the latest version of FME 2022.2. You can download the latest version here: https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/

Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Badge +7

Hi @ranga_tolapi​ I've just tested out your workspace and the output Annotation Feature Class looks correct to me. One thing to note is that I am running FME(R) 2022.2.0.0 (20221103 - Build 22765 - WIN64).

If you're able to, I recommend testing your workspace in the latest version of FME 2022.2. You can download the latest version here: https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/

Hi @danminneyatsaf​ Thank you the response. Sure, will try with the FME 2022.2.2 (latest version) and let you know the outcome.

Meanwhile, let me know the ArcGIS license version you have used with FME for conversion.

Badge +7

Hi @danminneyatsaf​ You are right. When tried with FME(R) 2022.2.2.0 (20230106 - Build 22782 - WIN64), the outcome is fruitful, I can see annotation features on ArcMap now.

ArcPro Converted AnnotationThank you so much for your support, highly appreciated.