Solved

Write to multiple sheets to the same CSV file, but data is coming from 2 difference sources/streams.

• 9 January 2023
  • 7 replies

As the title implies, I have a workspace where two different workflows have to write to the same CSV but different sheets. How do I go about doing that? I've attempted to use fme_feature_type as CSV File Name but that resulted into 2 separate CSV files as depicted by the image attached

Screenshot 2023-01-09 143608

icon

Best answer by f.kemminje 10 January 2023, 05:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

CSV does not support multiple sheets/tabs. Could you use XLS?

CSV does not support multiple sheets/tabs. Could you use XLS?

Thanks for the information about CVS. I just tried an XLS writer but this time, the two streams simply combined instead of creating different sheets.

Badge +3

copy the writer feature types. make it two.

and change the shaeetname. concatenate _1 or _2 (to the sheet name attribute )for the second sheet

Badge +2

@Mario Federis​ or use dynamic workflows as described here

@Mario Federis​ or use dynamic workflows as described here

@markatsafe  Are you referring to this subset of the article (https://community.safe.com/s/article/dynamic-workflows-destination-schema-derived-from). I think I understand the general concept of having the destination read schemas from multiple sources. But could you give an example of how writing multiple sheets into the same excel can be done?

copy the writer feature types. make it two.

and change the shaeetname. concatenate _1 or _2 (to the sheet name attribute )for the second sheet

Makes sense. But definitely not intuitive.

Badge +3

Makes sense. But definitely not intuitive.

here is the sample workbench.