Question

SharePoint online connector transformer special character in filename error (#)

• 9 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

It seems that any file with a # in the filename won't download when using the SharePoint online connector transformer. I want to download using the _fullpath method. 

Simply --> if the filename is FOO_1 it works. If it's FOO#1 it doesn't.

The rejection code is SHAREPOINT_ERROR , the URL it's trying to DL is:

SharepointOnlineConnector: Error making request to https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0//sites/ac[HIDDEN]%20November%20#4.jpg: The resource could not be found.

Is there any way to get around this? I have tried the URL ENCODER and STRING REPLACER transformers to try and manually encode the # symbol but it doesn't like this. Presumably because it's trying to encode it "again"workbench_error 

I can tell my users to stop using a # symbol in the filename but would rather solve it more elegantly and retain the original name. 

Link to transformer:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/sharepointonlineconnector-pkg.htm

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Not sure if a quick fix exist for this but as this is a transformer from the FME Hub it technically can be updated without having to wait for a new release. I would submit a case to be sure to get the attention from Safe, maybe add a comment on the specific FME Hub page.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

@badgerseatfrog1​ thanks for bringing this to our attention. After reproducing the issue, it looks like this is a bug with the SharePointOnlineConnector. Since this transformer is handled by our developers, I created a bug report to get the issue fixed. For your reference, the issue number is FMEENGINE-76020. We will post here when the bug is resolved, thanks for your understanding!

Badge +2

@badgerseatfrog1​ thanks for bringing this to our attention. After reproducing the issue, it looks like this is a bug with the SharePointOnlineConnector. Since this transformer is handled by our developers, I created a bug report to get the issue fixed. For your reference, the issue number is FMEENGINE-76020. We will post here when the bug is resolved, thanks for your understanding!

no worries, thanks @danminneyatsaf​