Question

how to get FME workbench to output the log features read/written to an excel file.

• 7 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

hello all,

I am trying to get FME workbench to output into excel file this part of the log file.

image.pngany suggestions very much appreciated.

thank you!

6 replies

Badge

hi all,

this is not an answer but very close to what I want FME to do for me.

imageand the result I am getting is below.

imagehow do I get the number in cell C8 to be in cell B8?

and perhaps C column name on cell A8?

is this possible to do?

even if I can get the first criteria and then give cell A8 a name would be fantastic.

any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hello @fbastian73​ 

There is a interesting post here How to extract and use log information in Workbench (safe.com)

I believe that it be use this can be very useful to you.

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Userlevel 4

If you replace the writer with a FeatureWriter, the output summary feature will contain all this information, which you can then simply send to an Excel writer.

imageThe list _feature_types{} will contain the required elements.

Badge

If you replace the writer with a FeatureWriter, the output summary feature will contain all this information, which you can then simply send to an Excel writer.

imageThe list _feature_types{} will contain the required elements.

Hi @david_r​ ,

thanks for replying.

I can see in the summary the features i want to go into the output but was unsuccessful in getting FME to write it to an excel file.

I do a group by and still get other things on the excel file.

I can see what i want on the visual preview as shown below but cannot get that to go into the excel file.

imagebelow is what is output to the excel file.

imagenot sure what im doing wrong...

Do you have an example that I can refer to please?

thanks in advance.

Userlevel 4

Hi @david_r​ ,

thanks for replying.

I can see in the summary the features i want to go into the output but was unsuccessful in getting FME to write it to an excel file.

I can see what i want on the visual preview as shown below but cannot get that to go into the excel file.

thanks in advance.

Have a look at the attached sample workspace.

Note, however, that it will only output the number of features written. If you also need the input features, you'll need to add one or several StatisticsCalculators after your input feature types and add the output to your Excel writer.

Alternatively, you can access the counts from the Python shutdown script, see https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Desktop/Configuration/FME_END_PYTHON.htm and the contents of the Python dictionary fme.featuresWritten.

However, getting the values appended to your Excel sheet from the shutdown script might be non-trivial.

Badge

Hi @david_r​ ,

thanks for replying.

thanks in advance.

thanks very much @david_r​ that was helpful.

cheers.