Question

Pdfpageformatter - alignment of input elements within objects

• 22 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

I feed a table to a pdfpageformatter. The table varies in height.

I would like to create an object in the pdfpageformatter that is very large, but for the layout to make any sense the input-table needs to be aligned to the upper-left corner.

It seems that the default behavior is to mid-align the input.

pdfpageformatter - the input-table lands in the 'Table'-objecthandlerimage.png

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You can do that, if you position the objects all relative to eachother you can align them. That generally does require quite a bit of trial and error to make it work. If your table always has the same number of rows at least once you have that alignment you're good.

You can do this by using Offsetters and think of everything within that PDFPageFormatter box to be in the same coordinate system (which is completely arbitrary of course)

Badge +6

You can do that, if you position the objects all relative to eachother you can align them. That generally does require quite a bit of trial and error to make it work. If your table always has the same number of rows at least once you have that alignment you're good.

You can do this by using Offsetters and think of everything within that PDFPageFormatter box to be in the same coordinate system (which is completely arbitrary of course)

Thanks for the answer. The table varies in height and in number of rows, so alignments gets complicated very fast. It feels like FME isn't made for layouts, or I'm missing something.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Thanks for the answer. The table varies in height and in number of rows, so alignments gets complicated very fast. It feels like FME isn't made for layouts, or I'm missing something.

No, your assumption is pretty spot on. FME was originally designed for processing (geographic) data, but not visualise it. A page layout, in PDF, is a whole different beast.