Solved

installed FME Server upgrade and now can only use the web interface logged onto the server.

• 20 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

This morning I could use a remote browser to connect (non https) to our fme 2020.1 server. I'd been tasked with upgrading to 2022.1.2. All steps complete, express install, port 80 and the web interface on the server works fine. However, I now cannot connect from any remote browser. Today this has happened on 2 machines, 6 weeks ago I did exactly the same on our dev server and it all worked fine and remote connection is OK. I've looked at the troubleshooting guides etc and all looks ok, I'm close to hoping it just goes away!

icon

Best answer by g.jansen 28 February 2023, 21:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

edit - just realised you said you could access the ui via the localmachine - strongly points to a firewall blocking comms accross port 80.

A couple of places to start:

1. Are all FME services running on the machine?
  2. Can you access and login into FME Server on the machine its installed on via http://localhost:80/fmeserver? if no, what do the logs say?
  3. If yes, can you ping the server from the remote machine? If not, suggests that no connection can be made across any ports (not always the case)
  4. If FME Server loads on the server but not on the remote machine suggests that there is a firewall blocking some (or all) connections between the environment(s)
Badge +5

edit - just realised you said you could access the ui via the localmachine - strongly points to a firewall blocking comms accross port 80.

A couple of places to start:

1. Are all FME services running on the machine?
  2. Can you access and login into FME Server on the machine its installed on via http://localhost:80/fmeserver? if no, what do the logs say?
  3. If yes, can you ping the server from the remote machine? If not, suggests that no connection can be made across any ports (not always the case)
  4. If FME Server loads on the server but not on the remote machine suggests that there is a firewall blocking some (or all) connections between the environment(s)

Hi, for 3... yes i can ping the server from the remote machine. For 4, I'd have thought this too but i was using that remote connection to do backups and stop automations etc right up to the point where I uninstalled 2020 and installed 2022. From that point on remote access failed. We're still digging (with no obvious results) and it's not critical over the holidays as the server is running and we can access the interface on the host but I'm going to try another reinstall when back in the new year

Thanks for the response

Rob

Badge

Hello, we had the same issue, al works well on FME server 2020, but the upgrade to 2022 with same host name on new server (Windows Server 2019) only works in the browser on the server itself.

The firewall rule that was made during the installation give acces to the program ...\\Server\\fme\\fme.exe after changing that to 'all programs that meet the specified conditions' connection from remote browsers works well.

fme server firewall inbound ruleCan't remember I had to change that on the FME 2020 server.

Badge +5

Hello, we had the same issue, al works well on FME server 2020, but the upgrade to 2022 with same host name on new server (Windows Server 2019) only works in the browser on the server itself.

The firewall rule that was made during the installation give acces to the program ...\\Server\\fme\\fme.exe after changing that to 'all programs that meet the specified conditions' connection from remote browsers works well.

fme server firewall inbound ruleCan't remember I had to change that on the FME 2020 server.

Brillliant, worked a treat, I need to check what the setting is on the server that "worked" out of the box!

thanks

Rob

Badge +5

Brillliant, worked a treat, I need to check what the setting is on the server that "worked" out of the box!

thanks

Rob

On the server that worked it was still set the same but I've updated it as above for consistency!