Solved

Hi, I'm trying to use the attribute manager to replace all instances of double quote marks " with single quote marks ' for the values of the attribute 'testo' @ReplaceRegularExpression(@Value(testo),",') I can replace letters ok, but not quotes.

• 20 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi, I'm trying to use the attribute manager to replace all instances of double quote marks " with single quote marks ' for the values of the attribute 'testo' @ReplaceRegularExpression(@Value(testo),",') I can replace letters ok, but not quotes.
icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 20 December 2022, 14:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

This works for me, in fme 2021.2:

@ReplaceString(@Value(testo),"\"",',caseSensitive=TRUE)

Please note that the field Attribute Value in the AttributeManager turns red, indicating something is off, but it does work fine.

2022-12-20_14h35_47

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

This works for me, in fme 2021.2:

@ReplaceString(@Value(testo),"\"",',caseSensitive=TRUE)

Please note that the field Attribute Value in the AttributeManager turns red, indicating something is off, but it does work fine.

2022-12-20_14h35_47

@nielsgerrits​ Just curious, does 2021.2 make the attribute value parameter red with this input? It works in 2022.1 also, but it's red.image

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

@nielsgerrits​ Just curious, does 2021.2 make the attribute value parameter red with this input? It works in 2022.1 also, but it's red.image

Aye, it does. Looks like a glitch to me in the value validation. I'll create a ticket.

@nielsgerrits​ thank you so much. i was trying so many different things. i don't think the red flagged parameter was helping my attempts because i was just modifying it each time i saw that.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

@nielsgerrits​ Just curious, does 2021.2 make the attribute value parameter red with this input? It works in 2022.1 also, but it's red.image

Looks like this is related to the quote (") character being present within a formula. This doesn't have an effect on the functionality of the workspace but we will try to resolve this as soon as possible. The ticket number for this is FMEDESKTOP-13584.

We will update this community post when a fix is released. Thanks all!