Solved

Why is the FTP Directory Trigger not working when "Watch Subdirectories" set to "Yes"?

• 20 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello. Using FME Server 2022. I have an issue monitoring our FTP. I want to monitor all subdirectories for changes. I keep getting an error where "/." is being appended to the "Path to Watch Directory" an infinite number of times. I get thousands of errors from the automation.

SubdirectoriesHere is the error message:

errorWhen I check into our ftp client logs, here is an example of the file path that FME Server creates:

/upload/Directory/./././././././././././././.

Why doesn't the trigger just detect and stop at the directories that exist?

icon

Best answer by siennaatsafe 9 March 2023, 23:34

View original

5 replies

Badge +6

Hi @dsmylie​ ,

What version and build of FME 2022 are you using? I was not able to reproduce this issue.

How many subdirectories is expected inside /upload/Directory?

Would you be able to share the ftp log and the automation log for me to take a look?

Thanks,

Kezia

Would it be possible to share this information with you directly? I don't feel comfortable sharing the ftp log, especially on a public forum. Cheers!

Hi @dsmylie​ ,

What version and build of FME 2022 are you using? I was not able to reproduce this issue.

How many subdirectories is expected inside /upload/Directory?

Would you be able to share the ftp log and the automation log for me to take a look?

Thanks,

Kezia

Here is the information I am comfortable sharing:

FME Server 2022.1.2

Build 22627

Number of subdirectories ~200.

Badge +6

Would it be possible to share this information with you directly? I don't feel comfortable sharing the ftp log, especially on a public forum. Cheers!

Hi @dsmylie​ ,

Yes, absolutely! Please submit a case here: https://community.safe.com/s/submit-case .

For more details see How to Create a Great FME Server Support Case.

Thanks!

Kezia

Badge +9

If anyone else encounters this please note this was found to be a bug and was fixed in our latest FME 2023.0 beta (b23245+): safe.com/beta