Question

Issue with FME AR on Android Cellphone

• 20 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am having trouble opening fmear data files on my Samsung A32 cell phone following installation of the FME AR app from the Google Play Store.

The Samsung A32 is running Android 12 and “Google Play Services for AR” (ARCore) version 1.35.223110433 dated (16/12/2022) is installed.

The version of FME AR that has been installed is V1.4.0 (dated 22/08/2022)

I have downloaded the tutorial “Creating FMEAR Datasets from 2D CAD Models" – CreatingFMEARFromCAD.zip and put the fmear files onto my cellphone’s SD card under the documents area.

Below is a screen shot of the FMEAR app where it is being run using a white piece of paper for clarity as to what I’m seeing on screen is shown below.

I’m not seeing anywhere on screen or in the app settings for where the app is to find the fmear files to open and I would be very grateful if someone could help me and point me in the right direction.FME AR App Screen Shot 2022-12-20 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

The button in the lower right, tap on that to navigate your phone's files to the .fmear file to load. Then, you're blocking the camera with the piece of paper. The app needs to have a flat (usually horizontal) area like a room or a tabletop to visually detect to anchor the AR model to.

Badge

Thanks for the help 😀

I've been able to navigate to the files after putting into the document area of the phones memory.

After hitting the icon I then selected the drop down menu at the top left which then allowed me to open the documents area and pick the required file.