Solved

Why do i get popup error (FME has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program)?

• 19 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

A popup(FME has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program) occurs and then after clicking Close. I see "Error running translation." in translation log. No clues about what would have gone wrong. How to debug these kinds of issues.

icon

Best answer by jovitaatsafe 21 December 2022, 23:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @sivaram81082​,

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into this behaviour! We'll need a bit more information on the crash in order to better help you:

1. Would you be able to share a screenshot of the Windows Event Crash Log?
  2. What version and build of FME are you running? You can find this in Help > About FME Workbench
  3. Are you using a fixed or a floating license? The About FME Workbench will be able to tell you this as well
  4. Does this occur when you open FME Workbench or does anything particular seem to trigger this for you?

Badge +1

Hi Jovita, Thanks for your response.

I am using FME 2021 via floating license.

Edition: FME Desktop Smallworld Edition (floating)

Version: FME(R) 2021.0.3.0 (20210528 - Build 21326 - WIN64)

This issue is occurring while writing to a table in Smallworld datastore.

Screenshots of Windows event crash log and FME details are provided below.

imageimageimage 

Hope i am able to provide all the info you require.

Kindly help me regarding this issue and please let me know if you need any more details from me.

Many Thanks

Siva Bulusu

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi Jovita, Thanks for your response.

I am using FME 2021 via floating license.

Edition: FME Desktop Smallworld Edition (floating)

Version: FME(R) 2021.0.3.0 (20210528 - Build 21326 - WIN64)

This issue is occurring while writing to a table in Smallworld datastore.

Screenshots of Windows event crash log and FME details are provided below.

imageimageimage 

Hope i am able to provide all the info you require.

Kindly help me regarding this issue and please let me know if you need any more details from me.

Many Thanks

Siva Bulusu

Hi @sivaram81082​, since it's a crash related to running a workspace, we will better be able to help you through a support case. I've converted your question to a case and you'll be getting an email shortly.

Would you be able to respond back through the case email with a small workspace that shows the problem and if possible, any sample data? If you run the workspace first on your end, it's possible to Save As a workspace template and to check the box to "include feature caches" to send us a a .fmwt file.

Badge +1

Hi @sivaram81082​, since it's a crash related to running a workspace, we will better be able to help you through a support case. I've converted your question to a case and you'll be getting an email shortly.

Would you be able to respond back through the case email with a small workspace that shows the problem and if possible, any sample data? If you run the workspace first on your end, it's possible to Save As a workspace template and to check the box to "include feature caches" to send us a a .fmwt file.

Hi @jovitaatsafe​ . Thanks for creating a case. I will provide the requested inputs in the case.