Question

Workspace Server App does not change ArcGIS online

• 13 December 2022
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

My workbench consists of a ArcGIS online Feature Service Reader and Excel file that are the original and revised parts in the ChangeDetector. Then the Updated, Inserted, Deleted and Unchanged go to the same ArcGIS online Feature Service Writer now.

This works perfectly fine and updates my ArcGIS Online Feature Service. The automation in FME Server also works if I change the excel in the Workbench.

My goal is that others can upload an Excel via an Workspace Server App and then see the change in ArcGIS online. If I use the upload function in the Workspace App and try to upload the updated Excel file it doesn't update the ArcGIS online feature service.

Is it not working because I'm using a localhost? I am trying to update from my server as well so I thought that should not be a problem. Or do I have to do it a whole different way in the workbench?

1 reply

Badge +7

Hi @utepla​, do you get an error in the job log when the job runs from the workspace app that you can share? I suggest reviewing the job log to see what is going on. If you are comfortable with it, you can also upload it here and I can take a look.

I'd also suggest making sure that the Excel reader's source file is linked to your user parameter in your workspace (a linked parameter should have been created with the reader by default, but may have been unlinked or removed).