Solved

Triggering an automation pre 2022.2 ?

• 13 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi all.

2022.2 introduces triggering an automation from a webapp, in addition to triggering automations in numerous ways already defined.

One such triggering is "FME Server Topic notified".

Can I create a workspace, uploading it to FME Server, and have this emit such a (custom) topic, in effect triggering the automation to run ?

If so, I could potentially create a webapp for such a workspace, and achieve the same functionality, couldn't I ?

Alas, there are no immidiate transformers that allows such emission, but workspace FME Server Parameters include FME_TOPIC and FME_TOPIC_MESSAGE. Can they be used for this, and if so, how ?

Or must I resort to using the REST interface ??

icon

Best answer by david_r 13 December 2022, 10:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

I'm not quite sure I understand the question correctly, but you can either use the FMEServerNotifier transformer or the REST API to trigger a topic, which in turn would start any automation attached to the same topic.

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Ah, so there was a transformer for this. I typed "topic", and got nothing. The transformer naming got me again :-)

I did get it to work with the REST API, but this is much nicer.

Triggering automation in 2020.2 is indeeed possible, and surprisingly easy and straight forward. I even published a simple workspace designed to just post any topic, and I'm using this to trigger the automations in question (I have 4 automations with the same trigger).