Question

Loop with custom transformer and a variable as input parameter

• 12 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have several years of data and I would like to remove the overlapping between years and for that I' m trying to perform a clip using a custom transformer and a loop while groupping them using the variable YEAR as group by (see below).

For the first clip (i.e. the year 2000), I'm going to use data_Clippee of 2000 as input for clippee and data_Clipper of 2000 as input for clipper and this will give for the outside Output_Outside_2000.

For the second clip (i.e. the year 2000), 'm going to use data_Clippee of 2001 and Output_Outside_2000 as input for clippee and data_Clipper of 2001 as input for clipper and this will give for the outside Output_Outside_2000.

AT the end, I will have my last result that will be a union of data_Clipper of 2012 and Output_Outside_2011.

pic1 

I have exported the customed transformed to an external fmx file but I can't define input user parameters of that fmx with the variable YEAR. What should I do to fix this so that the expression @Variable(YEAR) will be recognized by this fmx (see attached)?

@Takashi Iijima​ @jdh​ and others, any thoughts?

1 reply

Badge +22

I'm not convinced you need to do this in a loop at all. Clipper version 14 has an overlapping clippers setting that could probably do what you want without the loop.

That said, for the loop you probably want to have two parameters for the year, one for the clipper, one for the clipper, you can then use a parameter fetcher on both streams to make sure they resolve to the same (temporary) attribute name, which would be used by the group-by on the clipper.