Question

Possible bug associated with table handling on FME Server

• 12 December 2022
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

I have a workspace published to FME Server 2022.1.1 (build 22623) in which I want to give the user the option to Truncate Existing or Use Existing via a user parameter. When you create the parameter in the ArcSDE writer feature type, the name of the parameter defaults to fme_table_handling. This works fine when running from FME Desktop 2022.1.1 (build 22623).

When running from FME Server, the parameter choice is not honored. It simply uses the choice of the parameter that was made in Desktop before the upload. However, when you change the name of the parameter to something else like 'table_action', it works as intended on FME Server.

Here is a screenshot from FME Server log file, where the parameter name is left as the default value (fme_table_handling). As you can see, the parameter is preceded by only one dash, where it should be two dashes. And also, 'fme-' has been dropped off. I think this is where the issue is occurring.image

1 reply

Badge +7

Hi @dustin​,

I noticed the parameter does look peculiar in the log, but the parameter value chosen in FME Server was still honored when I tried this on 2022.1.1. and I saw the change applied to the database.

How are you running the workspace on FME Server? Are you using "Run Workspace" or are you running it via a Server App, Schedule or Automation? Is the parameter in a parameter group? If so, I'd recommend removing it from the parameter group and seeing if you get the expected results on FME Server.