Question

Translate from FGDB to Shapefile failed

• 9 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

I'm try to translate fgdb to shp file But I got following error

BADNEWS: File C:\\Program Files\\FME\\metafile\\MULTI_WRITER.fmf could not be opened

(C:\\code\\fme\\foundation\\framework\\control\\generiz.cpp:1658) class StatusInfo *__cdecl STFGenericizer::processMetafile(const class stk::ex::UString<0> &,const class stk::ex::UStringArray<0> *,const class stk::ex::UString<0> &,const class stk::ex::UString<0> &,const class stk::ex::UString<0> &,const class stk::ex::UString<0> &,class STFAttributeName &,class STFMetaMapper &,class STFObjectNameConstraints &,bool &,bool &,bool &,class stk::ex::UStringArray<0> &,class stk::ex::UString<0> &,class std::vector<class STFFeatureType,class std::allocator<class STFFeatureType> > &,class stk::ex::UStringArray<0> &,class stk::ex::UStringArray<0> &,class stk::ex::UString<0> &,class std::vector<struct std::pair<class STFAttributeName,class stk::ex::UString<0> >,class std::allocator<struct std::pair<class STFAttributeName,class stk::ex::UString<0> > > > &,class stk::ex::UStringArray<0> &,class std::vector<class STFAttributeName,class std::allocator<class STFAttributeName> > &,class stk::ex::UStringArray<0> &,class stk::ex::UStringArray<0> &,bool &,bool &,class stk::ex::UString<0> &,class stk::ex::UStringArray<0> &,class STFObjectNameConstraints &,class stk::ex::UString<0> &,class stk::ex::UStringArray<0> &,class stk::ex::UStringArray<0> &,class stk::ex::UString<0> &)

(C:\\code\\fme\\foundation\\framework\\control\\generiz.cpp:885) class StatusInfo *__cdecl STFGenericizer::loadMetaMapper(const class stk::ex::UString<0> &,const class stk::ex::UString<0> &,const class stk::ex::UStringArray<0> *,const class stk::ex::UStringArray<0> *,bool)

(C:\\code\\fme\\foundation\\framework\\control\\generiz.cpp:5498) class StatusInfo *__cdecl STFGenericizer::getFeatureTypeConstraints(const class stk::ex::UString<0> &,class STFObjectNameConstraints &)

Error running translation.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @viviancfhung​, thanks for posting. I have some additional questions for you:

1. What version of FME Desktop you're currently using? You can find this information in FME Desktop > Help > About FME Workbench.
  2. Is this a new workspace or was this an existing one that used to work?
  3. Are you using GenerateWorkspace to create the workspace?

It may be helpful if you can share a sample workspace or input dataset as well. Best, Kailin.

Badge +1

Thanks Kailin,

1. we are using FME desktop 2022.0.0.1(20220505 build-22339 win64)
  2. The workspace is an existing one that used to work
  3. we create workspace manually

The dataset is too large, can't upload. Sorry

Badge +1

We found another problem dataset

Userlevel 1
Badge +14

Thanks Kailin,

1. we are using FME desktop 2022.0.0.1(20220505 build-22339 win64)
  2. The workspace is an existing one that used to work
  3. we create workspace manually

The dataset is too large, can't upload. Sorry

Hi @viviancfhung​ what version of FME did this used to work? I've never seen this error before, but I'll try to reproduce this with the data you have provided.

Edit: I've tried to reproduce your issue in 2022.x without success.

Badge +1

Thanks, waiting for your answer

Userlevel 1
Badge +14

Thanks, waiting for your answer

@viviancfhung​ What version of FME did this used to work? What reader are you using? Are you able to read in your file with the Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb Open API) reader?

I was not able to reproduce your error as I was able to read in the data fine in 2022.x

Badge +1

It's the same FME.

Yes, we can read it by Esri Geodatabase(File Geodb Open API) reader.

We can try it in another FME version again.

Thanks