Question

FME Server does not think the source file for FileCopy Writer is a file

• 8 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

I have a workbench that uses the FileCopy writer to move and rename an uploaded excel sheet, this works well when testing through desktop but when run via FME Server (the file is uploaded into a parameter) the following Warning is thrown and the file doesn't get moved;

2022-12-8 13:48:54 | File Copy Writer: Ignoring the destination filename 'DummyFile.xlsx' because the source dataset '""C:\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME Server\\resources\\system\\temp\\upload\\Data Updates\\Geo-CustomerServices-TradeEffluentImportToSQL.fmw\\dbryant\\DummyFile.xlsx""' was not a file. Destination file names are only used when the source dataset is a file

Is this a known limitation of FileCopy? I could use a SystemCaller and/or Python to get the same result but equally feel that this should work.

2 replies

Badge +11

Where is the file located on your FME Server? Is the path given in the error message correct? Could it be that the Server is not able to find the file (at the location given)?

Badge +6

Hi @egge​ I'm fairly sure the location is correct as the file is being uploaded via the FME Server interface as part of the run-time parameters of the workbench so they should only be temporarily stored there as part of the run (and then deleted afterwards obviously).

Edit - Just to confirm;

image.png