Question

Socrata Writer 2, Attempting to write to asset. The writer fails with "Socrata Writer: HTTP 400 (None): Revision is of type 'update', but applying it would result in schema changes."

• 6 December 2022
  • 0 replies

Have a process that takes a csv, adds a few attributes, and writes to Socrata. I just updated the package to use the newest Socrata Writer, thinking the old writer was the problem. When I run it I get the error "Socrata Writer: HTTP 400 (None): Revision is of type 'update', but applying it would result in schema changes." If I make the process output a csv, I can manually upload it to socrata without any issues/errors/warnings. Same exact data. I downloaded the full existing dataset, made a new workspace that just takes the downloaded data and uses the socrata writer to replace the cloud asset. Runs no problem. I thought that would fix any schema issues since it was a replace. But I get the same problem from the main process. I have made sure all headers match, etc but am stumped on the error. The asset has historical data that I don't want to lose every time the process runs. This is really an upsert/append operation. Thanks

0 replies

Be the first to reply!