Question

Unable to load a library in the folder: C:\\Program Files\\ArcGIS\\Pro\\bin. The error number returned from GetLastError is: 126

• 6 December 2022
  • 6 replies

After upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 i get the above error when writing to an Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb). Does anyone know what the reason could be? I've also upgraded to FME 2022.2. Thanks in advance!

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @pasadi​, thanks for posting! I think we most often see this error after upgrading ArcGIS Desktop but not upgrading the background GP. Do you have ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro installed on the same machine?

Would you be able to try setting your Esri ArcGIS Compatability to 'Esri ArcGIS Pro' in the Navigator > Workspace Parameters > Translation, and letting me know if that resolves the issue? This will let us know whether or not Background GP is the issue. Best, Kailin.

Hi @kailinatsafe  Thanks for your answer. I've only installed ArcGIS Pro (all users) on my machine.

Unfortunately changing the Esri ArcGIS Compatability to 'Esri ArcGIS Pro' didn't solve the issue and the error still appers. Do you have any other solution ideas? Best, Pascal

Badge +2

Hi there,

as a reference: I've installed ArcGIS Pro 3.036057 alongside FME Desktop 2022.2 (Build 22765) - Professional Edition, both 64bit, and writing to Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb) [GEODATABASE_FILE] works fine.

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @kailinatsafe  Thanks for your answer. I've only installed ArcGIS Pro (all users) on my machine.

Unfortunately changing the Esri ArcGIS Compatability to 'Esri ArcGIS Pro' didn't solve the issue and the error still appers. Do you have any other solution ideas? Best, Pascal

Hello @pasadi​, would you mind submitting a support case, so we can take a closer look at what is going on? Best, Kailin.

Badge

Hi, 

I’m wondering if this case was resolved?  I’m experiencing the same issues on my machine.  ArcGIS pro version 3.2.2 and FME build 23774

Thanks, 

Zoë

Badge +2

Hi @zgoodyear 

It may be worth giving a few of these solutions a try. https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/error-loadlibrary-failed-with-error-126-the-specified-m-000022927 

Also, check to see if the graphics drivers are up to date. 

Are you working locally or on a virtual machine?