Question

Oracle Spatial Reader : All spatial filters failed... FME 2022.2.

• 6 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

After migrating to FME 2022.2 (desktop and server), I get errors on each workspace that uses Oracle Spatial FeatureReader with a spatial filter:

imageI tried these workspaces on FME 2022.0 and everything works fine...

I don't really feel like reinstalling another version of FME Server, so any solutions/workarounds are welcome :)

(Using spatial SQL queries instead of FeatureReader is not an option)

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @lau​, thanks for posting. Unfortunately, I think you've hit a known issue in FME Desktop 2022.2 (FMEENGINE-75065). There is no resolution or workaround as of yet, but I've added a note to update this thread when a fix is available. I hope this doesn't cause too much inconvienence in the meantime! Best, Kailin.

Badge +2

Hello @lau​, thanks for posting. Unfortunately, I think you've hit a known issue in FME Desktop 2022.2 (FMEENGINE-75065). There is no resolution or workaround as of yet, but I've added a note to update this thread when a fix is available. I hope this doesn't cause too much inconvienence in the meantime! Best, Kailin.

Thank you for your reply @kailinatsafe​.

For those who might have encountered this issue : Here is the workaround that works for me :

1. Add a BoundsExtractor before the FeatureReader
  2. Use a FeatureReader with no spatial filter. In the Where clause, set the spatial clause. For example : MDSYS.SDO_RELATE(GEOMETRY, mdsys.sdo_geometry(2003,31370,null,mdsys.sdo_elem_info_array(1,1003,3),mdsys.sdo_ordinate_array(@Value(_workaround_xmin),@Value(_workaround_ymin),@Value(_workaround_xmax),@Value(_workaround_ymax))),'mask=ANYINTERACT querytype=WINDOW') = 'TRUE'
  3. Add a SpatialFilter

I put an example in attachment