Question

Error when importing project on FME Server [FME Server 2021.2.4 ]

• 5 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +13
  • Contributor
  • 58 replies

We have two FME Server environments als on two different computer environments. I copied the content of the .fsproject file from one computer environment into the other computer environment by means of copy/paste into a text file and then changing the extention to .fsproject (it's a bit of hack). No idea by doing that  the .fsproject will be altered. 

However, I am then trying to import the project(.fsproject file) into the 2nd FME Server environment via "Projects" < "Manage projects" <"import". I am dragging the .fsproject file into and then clicking on "Import". After running,  I get the following error: 

I changed our domains name to "nameofname" for security reasons.

COM.safe.fmeserver.configuration.migration.FMEConfigurationException: java.io.IOException: Error on ZipFile \\nameofdomain\aplroot$\APLDATA\FMESERVER\resources\system\temp\tomcat\22e287e6b3514dc9b4dd095174c01fb7\restServerRestore.fsconfig

PROJECT IMPORT : FAILURE

Task Failed : Please refer to above message

I tried using some of  the following workarounds based on the following link, but to no avail: https://community.safe.com/s/article/error-restoring-large-fme-server-configuration-fil

Using another browser had no effect and we already have a newer FME server version than FME 2019.

Does anyone might have an idea why the above error occurs?

1 reply

Badge +10

Hi @joy​ ,

Could you let us know why you are trying to manually alter the fsconfig file? As long as the fsconfig was made in the same or earlier version than you are importing it into then it should be fine. OS should not matter. Typically we see users importing the project and then editing an item after if it needs to be edited.