Question

Failed to retrieve feature types

• 30 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello. I'm working for a client on FME desktop 2018.1. My workbench was working fine, reading SQL tables and writing Arcgis Portal Features Services. Since we  changed the authentication system (IWA), I don't have access to the layers anymore.

I'm able to connect successfully to the Arcgis Portal Feature Service (through NTLM, domain\username), but I cannot access to the features themselves anymore ("Failed to retrieve feature types error"). If we disable IWA, it's working fine but this is not an option. Thank you in advance.

Merged 0 schema features read from 1 datasets into 0 resulting feature types

UniversalReader -- readSchema resulted in 0 schema features being returned

Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'ARCGISPORTALFEATURES' from 1 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading.

4 replies

Badge +2

Hello Arnaud,

Have you tried to read the features using the REST API ?

1. Generate a token with an HTTPCaller -> https://YOUR_PORTAL/portal/sharing/rest/generateToken
  2. Query target Feature Service with another HTTPCaller -> YOUR_FEATURE_SERVICE_URL/query
  3. Extract the response with a JSONFragmenter -> json["features"][*]

You'll find in attachment an example (version 2021).

Badge +3

Hello Lau,

Thank you for your help. In IIS, we found a workaround to authenticate from both Portal built-in credentials and Active Directory credentials (IWA). It fixed my problem.

Badge +3

Since I cannot read your example file with this 2018 FME version, please could you post the workflow as an image ? Thank you in advance.

Badge +2