Solved

Automation downloading email attachment logs fail but did succeed.

• 29 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

FME Server 2021.2.6

We have an automation which downloads attachments from an email to an UCN path. When the automation is triggered, it logs the following error:

2022-11-28T16:43:49+01:00 | 809004 : \\uncpath\image002.png : Failed to download email attachment. Download location "{1}" is not available and could not find an appropriate alternate location.

But when we look in this specific folder, we see that the attachment is downloaded successfully.

Questions we have are:

• Do we try something which is not supported?
  • Can we solve the error log?
icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 20 December 2022, 11:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

My first thought was that the account running FME Server doesn't have access to that location, however it appears it does as you can see the file written there

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

My first thought was that the account running FME Server doesn't have access to that location, however it appears it does as you can see the file written there

Thanks for your feedback. I had the same feeling but the resulting file does say something else.

I've never done something like this before (automation processing email attachments). Which alternate location should we try to use to see if the error goes away?

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

The issue went away after we added the UNC path as a Resource in FME Server.