Question

How can I extract the attributes from gdb file

• 29 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello Sir / Madam,

I have a gdb file that have several layers. I am just wondering how can I extract all attributes from the layers?

I tried "Schema" reader and list exploder to explode the data. However, I only able to get one table attributes. May I ask how can I extract all attributes from all layers? I have attached a sample data in here.

Hope someone can give me a hand. Thank you!

Thank you in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

The Schema reader should create one feature per table, can you check whether that's the case?

Badge

The Schema reader should create one feature per table, can you check whether that's the case?

Hi, I am not sure what's wrong with my settings. I have attached the capture screen here. Could you please take a look at my setting, if possible.

The arrow pointed in ArcMap is the only table attributes that I can extract from. However, I would like to extract the other four attributes name as well (WallSurface_surface, Building_surface, etc).

Thank you very much.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

It looks like the other tables are an unsupported geometry type and therefore FME skips them:

FileGDB Reader: Feature class 'Building_surface' has shape type 'esriGeometryMultiPatch' which is unknown to FME. Skipping feature class

Badge

It looks like the other tables are an unsupported geometry type and therefore FME skips them:

FileGDB Reader: Feature class 'Building_surface' has shape type 'esriGeometryMultiPatch' which is unknown to FME. Skipping feature class

Got it! thank you very much!

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

@zacharylee1204​ You can use a FeatureReader for reading the schema features, followed by a ListExploder to get those values as an attribute. Workspace is attached.image