Solved

Is there an attribute that can read labels, ie. I have some pipe geography with labels allocated from the search engine. They are clunky and are not well placed. I was wondering if its possible to read these and redistribute?

• 29 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Is there an attribute that can read labels, ie. I have some pipe geography with labels allocated from the search engine. They are clunky and are not well placed. I was wondering if its possible to read these and redistribute?
icon

Best answer by david_lyons 1 December 2022, 00:07

View original

6 replies

THis is an example of the data sets, path is the cable location and cable is the labels, but they are separated. Not sure if its possible to merge them together

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

ooh, yeah that's some nasty data. Even looking at it visually I have no idea which text goes with which cable. Is there some kind of logic in the text content which could help you match it up somehow?

ooh, yeah that's some nasty data. Even looking at it visually I have no idea which text goes with which cable. Is there some kind of logic in the text content which could help you match it up somehow?

Yeah mate, Its a hard one. utility company provided this for me to plan with and its a little harder to read than most. I think because its a legacy plan and its old.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Yeah mate, Its a hard one. utility company provided this for me to plan with and its a little harder to read than most. I think because its a legacy plan and its old.

Pretty awful - I wonder if this is even the original. Presumably the original was done in some CAD program and probably had a bit more structure to it. In my opinion this just needs to be redrawn properly...Would probably be faster :-/

Hi Phillip, I just had a look at the data, the path is very clustered and so is the cable layer. I was able to read the label layer by changing the feature types displayed. It would appear that the cable layer are represents as points. So each line of your data is a point, therefore your cable details therefore are spread across multiple points. I would think redrawing the data like@virtualcitymatt has suggested might be the best option At least this way you can keep the text data.. Good luck.

Redraw may be the best option