Question

Compare two columns from excel files.

• 28 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello.

I have two excel files (1) and (2) that contain a column of addresses.

The "House number" column in the excel file (1) and the "Houseno" column in the excel file (2)

How could I compare the two columns and notice the similarities and differences.

Thank you very much!

(2)image.png

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You could use a FeatureJoiner or FeatureMerger to join the two files on those two attributes (so house number and street), anything that does not join is a mismatch.

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

You could use a ChangeDetector to identify the changes. The house number attribute would need to be the same between the files, so I would use an AttributeRenamer to change the name to match the other file, i.e. both named "House number". In the ChangeDetector, the Update Detection Key Attribute would be set to "House number". This should tell you the Adds and Deletes, and if you specify the Check Attributes parameters, it will tell you which have been updated as well.

You could use a FeatureJoiner or FeatureMerger to join the two files on those two attributes (so house number and street), anything that does not join is a mismatch.

Thank you very much😀 The suggested solution works very well!

You could use a ChangeDetector to identify the changes. The house number attribute would need to be the same between the files, so I would use an AttributeRenamer to change the name to match the other file, i.e. both named "House number". In the ChangeDetector, the Update Detection Key Attribute would be set to "House number". This should tell you the Adds and Deletes, and if you specify the Check Attributes parameters, it will tell you which have been updated as well.

I also tried this option. It works great too!

Thanks!

Badge

you could also use transformer "DatabaseJoiner" which could results in "Joined" and "Unjoined" records.