Solved

Amazon S3 Connector

• 27 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi I am trying to connect to a public S3 bucket and have tried multiple times to connect and download files in the bucket. I just keep getting an error message. I'm probably entering something wrong but I've tried multiple different things and no luck so hoping for some guidance here.

S3Connector: There was an error connecting to Amazon S3: 'Parameter validation failed:

Invalid bucket name "shaking-layers/": Bucket name must match the regex "^[a-zA-Z0-9.\\-_]{1,255}$" or be an ARN matching the regex "^arn:(aws).*:s3:[a-z\\-0-9]+:[0-9]{12}:accesspoint[/:][a-zA-Z0-9\\-]{1,63}$|^arn:(aws).*:s3-outpo...'. Confirm that your credentials and region settings are correct. Some regions are not publicly available - contact AWS for more information.

I have attached a screenshot of what I am entering in the S3 Connector.

icon

Best answer by debbiatsafe 27 November 2022, 23:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hello @gisgeek​ 

It appears you may have confused the bucket with path and vice versa. The bucket value should be josh-public-bucket-test and the path value should shaking-layers. You do not need to specify the region or parts such as s3/amazonaws.com when entering the value for bucket name as the transformer takes care of these parts.

Example setup for S3Connector. Do not include the region or s3/amazonaws.com parts with the bucket namePlease note the shaking-layers folder appear to only contain folders so you may want to toggle the Include Subfolders parameter to 'Yes' if you wish to download files within subfolders.

Badge +3

Hello @gisgeek​ 

It appears you may have confused the bucket with path and vice versa. The bucket value should be josh-public-bucket-test and the path value should shaking-layers. You do not need to specify the region or parts such as s3/amazonaws.com when entering the value for bucket name as the transformer takes care of these parts.

Example setup for S3Connector. Do not include the region or s3/amazonaws.com parts with the bucket namePlease note the shaking-layers folder appear to only contain folders so you may want to toggle the Include Subfolders parameter to 'Yes' if you wish to download files within subfolders.

Thanks so much I knew it was something simple. Works a charm now. Thanks so much for your help