Solved

Reprojector: Reproject: Could not reproject the geometry of the preceding feature

• 25 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Im trying to change the crs of a shapefile. It needs to be in the same as below:

imageWhen using the Reprojector transformer Im getting an error

Transformer parameter:

imageAfter running the workspace Im getting the following error:

Reprojector (TeeFactory): Reprojector: Reproject: Could not reproject the geometry of the preceding feature: Unknown coordinate system 'EPSG4326' specified - aborting

Reprojector: Reproject: Could not reproject the geometry of the preceding feature: Unknown coordinate system 'EPSG4326' specified - aborting

Translation FAILED with 4803 error(s) and 2 warning(s) (0 feature(s) output)

When using the EsriReprojector transformer the workspace runs succesful but the srs is as follows:

Question: Is there something wrong with my FME? Or am I using the wrong parameters. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by egge 25 November 2022, 15:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

In the EsriReprojector transformer it is obligatory to set the Source Coordinate System, whereas in the default FME Reprojector transformer you have this option <Read from feature>, which you are using, according to your screenshot.

What happens if you do set the Source Coordinate System in the Reprojector manually?

My bet is your shapefile does not have an accompanying .prj file, so FME cannot read the source system from the feature.

Correct?

HTH,

Egge-Jan

afbeelding

Badge +1

In the EsriReprojector transformer it is obligatory to set the Source Coordinate System, whereas in the default FME Reprojector transformer you have this option <Read from feature>, which you are using, according to your screenshot.

What happens if you do set the Source Coordinate System in the Reprojector manually?

My bet is your shapefile does not have an accompanying .prj file, so FME cannot read the source system from the feature.

Correct?

HTH,

Egge-Jan

afbeelding

Thanks for replying so quickly egge. My shapefile does not have a .prj file, correct. I tried setting it manually, no luck. I tried FME 2021 and 2019. I also tried it with a shapefile that does have a .prj file. Getting the error:

Coordinate system named _Netherlands-RDNew-2008 does not exist.

Restoring 13 feature(s) from FME feature store file `D:\\Temp\\FME\\wb-cache--eHaneU\\Main_Dorpshuizen -1 7 -1 0 4b9476df91068cbba14cafd8b8c914a25ec70ad4.ffs'

Reprojector: Ignoring source coordinate system 'EPSG:28992' in favor of feature coordinate system. This warning will not be repeated

Coordinate system named EPSG4326 does not exist.

Coordinate system named EPSG4326 does not exist.

Unknown coordinate system 'EPSG4326' specified - aborting

Reprojector: Could not create reprojection engine

Reprojector (TeeFactory): Reprojector: Reproject: Could not reproject the geometry of the preceding feature: Reprojector: Could not create reprojection engine

Reprojector: Reproject: Could not reproject the geometry of the preceding feature: Reprojector: Could not create reprojection engine

I can use the transformer EsriReprojector but when searching for EPSG4326 in the Destination Coordinate System all Im getting is the following:

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

It is definitely possible to convert data from EPSG:28992 (or RD_new, as Esri calls it) to WGS84 (EPSG:4326) with FME. Actually, this is a conversion I use regularly, as I am (also?) from the Netherlands.

Ah, now I found the cause of your issue...! You entered EPSG4326, and that gives the error --> Coordinate system named EPSG4326 does not exist.

Which is true...

Please try EPSG:28992 (as source) and EPSG:4326 (as destination). With this colon (dubbele punt) in between EPSG and the value it should work.

Right?

Groet,

Egge-Jan

Badge +1

It is definitely possible to convert data from EPSG:28992 (or RD_new, as Esri calls it) to WGS84 (EPSG:4326) with FME. Actually, this is a conversion I use regularly, as I am (also?) from the Netherlands.

Ah, now I found the cause of your issue...! You entered EPSG4326, and that gives the error --> Coordinate system named EPSG4326 does not exist.

Which is true...

Please try EPSG:28992 (as source) and EPSG:4326 (as destination). With this colon (dubbele punt) in between EPSG and the value it should work.

Right?

Groet,

Egge-Jan

That did it.. I didnt knew you could type the CRS, I thought you had to use the dropdown menu with the predefined choices. Anyway, thanks!