Question

Add a new column which include the previous column data type(string, data ect)

• 25 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi, I have a question, I would like to ask if it is possible to insert a column that contains the character encoding of the previous column.

Do you think it is possible to do this?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I don't think you can do this, the Schema reader and SchemaScanner transformer can be used to create a schema feature which describes the data structure, but it only covers basic types (i.e. char or varchar) without mentioning the encoding.

Badge

out of my curious - we have transformer "AttributeCreator" - by using this also we are able to create a column. I would appreciate if anybody could light on this how it is different from creating an "attribute" and a "column" . Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

out of my curious - we have transformer "AttributeCreator" - by using this also we are able to create a column. I would appreciate if anybody could light on this how it is different from creating an "attribute" and a "column" . Thanks.

It's really just a matter of semantics, different names for the same thing. With spreadsheet or database formats people are more likely to say column than with GIS data, but that's it.