Question

Hi. I would like to create a workspace that can convert various points shape file into kml/kmz.

• 24 November 2022
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

I could make a simple workspace that can convert from shape file to kml, but it is only allow to covert one specific shape file, due to the Name/attribute value differences for each shape files. Therefore, I would like to make a workspace to available to convert various shape file having different Name/attrbute value that can automatically read/extract each file attribute values, beyonds files and allows to select to show in output Kml file. i.e.) set varrious attirbute value available in Kml property setter. I'm very beginner, so my question is bit silly, but if you have some suggestions, idea, method, that would be really helpful. Thank you for your reading.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

@4dlink​ this sounds like a problem that's well suited for a Dynamic Workspace. I recommend reading through this introduction articles on Dynamic Workflows as it can be a tricky concept to understand: https://community.safe.com/s/article/dynamic-workflow-tutorial-basics-of-dynamics

To convert multiple point shapefiles into kml/kmz, I recommend following the steps in this article which uses the Generate Workspace function in FME Workbench: Destination Schema as a Mirror Image of the Source Dataset

Hope this helps!