Solved

i would like to search with x and y coordinates from table BKR2 for nearest x and y coordinates in table GBA_addres

• 23 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I have a table (BKR2) with x and y coordinates, but no address.

There is another table (GBA_address) with x and y coordinates with address.

i would like to search with x and y coordinates from table BKR2 for nearest x and y coordinates in table GBA_address.

Is that possible and how?

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 24 November 2022, 10:23

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

You can use the NeighborFinder transformer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

The NeighborFinder uses geometries, so if your features don't have (point) geometries yet, first add them with a VertexCreator. After that you can use the NeighborFinder, as suggested above.

Your BRK2 data probably is parcel information, so you may already have polygons there. In that case you can use a PointOnAreaOverlayer to determine which adresses from GBA_address fall within which parcel.

Badge +4

The NeighborFinder uses geometries, so if your features don't have (point) geometries yet, first add them with a VertexCreator. After that you can use the NeighborFinder, as suggested above.

Your BRK2 data probably is parcel information, so you may already have polygons there. In that case you can use a PointOnAreaOverlayer to determine which adresses from GBA_address fall within which parcel.

thanks for your response.

I had to use vertexcreator for table BKR2.

When using FindNeigborFounder I get 100% MatchedBase.

If I then use FeatureMerge to retrieve the addresses from GBA_adress, I only get 30% hits.

What seems, the coordinates (_closest_candidate_x and _closest_candidate_y) have more digits after the dot.

for example : 200906.6264776. GBA_adress says 200906.62.

Is that possible and how can I solve this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

If I then use FeatureMerge to retrieve the addresses from GBA_adress, I only get 30% hits.

What seems, the coordinates (_closest_candidate_x and _closest_candidate_y) have more digits after the dot.

The coordinate precision is very probably not the issue here (unless you're right at the max distance).

Also, the NeighborFinder has the option to merge attributes, you don't need to do a separate feature merge afterwards.

Badge +4

thanks for your quick response and your advice.

It now works the way I want it to.

Thanks everyone for the input!