Solved

How to write csv file to AGOL?

• 23 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I have a writer that creates a CSV file to a folder on my computer. How do I write this CSV file to AGOL (ArcGIS Online account)?

I already understand how to write data to an AGOL Feature Service. I need to create a CSV file to my AGOL account. I plan to update this CSV file every night (via the Task Scheduler) and share it with others. I'm using FME Desktop (not FME Server). Thanks.

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 23 November 2022, 19:16

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Multiple ways to do this, but one way to do this is to use the ArcGISOnlineConnector.

Badge +3

Multiple ways to do this, but one way to do this is to use the ArcGISOnlineConnector.

Thanks. I see how ArcGISOnlineConnector can upload a file to my ArcGIS account. I don't understand how to incorporate ArcGISOnlineConnector in the workspace that creates my CSV file. The writer (for the CSV file) is the last transformer. I'm not sure how to use ArcGISOnlineConnector after the CSV file has been created.

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Thanks. I see how ArcGISOnlineConnector can upload a file to my ArcGIS account. I don't understand how to incorporate ArcGISOnlineConnector in the workspace that creates my CSV file. The writer (for the CSV file) is the last transformer. I'm not sure how to use ArcGISOnlineConnector after the CSV file has been created.

If you use a FeatureWriter, you can use the summary outputport to initiate the arcgisonlineconnector.

Badge +3

That works great. Thanks.

I need to replace this csv file every day. I believe that it's best to "Upload" the file daily using ArcGISOnlineConnector, rather than "Update" it. Does that sound correct?

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

I’m not sure, it depends on what you need exactly. Do you want a new item evert day? Then upload. Do you want to replace the data of the same item everyday? Then update. I think you want the latter.

Badge +3

I want to completely replace the csv file everyday. It seems like using Upload (for the ArcGISOnlineConnector parameter) is working for me. When I change it to Update, ArcGISOnlineConnector prompts me for a Path and I'm not sure what to enter. I may need to experiment with this.

Badge +3

I discovered that attempting to Upload a CSV file to AGOL when the file already exists generates an error (that I didn't initially notice). Using Update for the ArcGISOnlineConnector parameter is the correct way to replace a CSV file.

Thank you for all of your help!