Solved

Wrong FME version opens when running FME from command line

• 22 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I'm trying to run an FME process from the command line like I have many times before (fme example.fmw)

However, it is opening the wrong version for the workspace. The workspace is in 2022 but the command line is opening 2018 (which is also installed on my computer). Is there a flag or something I could add to my code to ensure it opens 2022? My workspace has newer transformers than 2018 so it crashes everytime I open it

I have tried adding it to the system path variable, but this doesn't do anything, unless I'm doing it wrong

Thanks

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 22 November 2022, 07:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Yeah, adding the folder of the fme.exe to the Path Environment is want you want to do - you will also need to make sure the old version is removed from the path too.

Also, after updating the environment variables you'll need to close and open your terminal for the change to take effect.

Alternatively, instead of calling 'fme', you can put the full path to the correct fme.exe version when calling

Badge +4

Thanks @virtualcitymatt​ ! Looks like I was just setting the path attribute slightly wrong in the windows environment variables