Question

Error when trying to write data into ArcOnline

• 21 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi there

I have ran into this error on a script that i usually wasnt encountering this error on. and I cant quite figure out what it means.

Just as some extra context I am writing data which is stored on my local device, projecting it correctly before clipping it and uploading to an already exisiting data set by using the "Insert" and "truncate" function.

imageI am not sure what is causing is the issue, whether it is on the FME side or AGOL side but I am not encountering this issue for other data sets.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated

-Ed

5 replies

Badge +7

Hey,

I think what is happening because the date format you are providing to ArcGIS Online is one that ArcGIS Online does not recognize so it is rejecting these features. Has the service you are publishing to have a date time zone assigned to it? I am also curious about the format of your date.

I am also wondering if the ArcGIS Online Feature Service writer you are using has some inbuilt logic that changes your input date into a date that ArcGIS Online should be able to interpret or if it just uses the format from the supplied features. Maybe someone from Safe can elaborate on this?

Badge

Hey,

I think what is happening because the date format you are providing to ArcGIS Online is one that ArcGIS Online does not recognize so it is rejecting these features. Has the service you are publishing to have a date time zone assigned to it? I am also curious about the format of your date.

I am also wondering if the ArcGIS Online Feature Service writer you are using has some inbuilt logic that changes your input date into a date that ArcGIS Online should be able to interpret or if it just uses the format from the supplied features. Maybe someone from Safe can elaborate on this?

Hey!

Thanks for the comment.

Ill try and provide some more info.

So the only dates I can find within the data is this. (1995/06/06). This is all I can find regarding the data. its odd as this script has worked prior with no issues regarding date/time format.image I have noticed then when the same data is published to ArcOnline from ArcPro it will format the data in this way (below) as well as assigning a time to the date, could this be the cause of the issues.

This data when viewed in ArcPro is formatted the same way it is in the FME example above as well as not showing the time in ArcPro.

There is nothing in the AGOL writer than i can view that has any relation to time, or atleast that I am aware of

All the best

-Ed

Badge +7

Hey!

Thanks for the comment.

So the only dates I can find within the data is this. (1995/06/06). This is all I can find regarding the data. its odd as this script has worked prior with no issues regarding date/time format.image I have noticed then when the same data is published to ArcOnline from ArcPro it will format the data in this way (below) as well as assigning a time to the date, could this be the cause of the issues.

This data when viewed in ArcPro is formatted the same way it is in the FME example above as well as not showing the time in ArcPro.

There is nothing in the AGOL writer than i can view that has any relation to time, or atleast that I am aware of

All the best

-Ed

Thanks for the info.

Has there been a change in settings on the ArcGIS Online Service you are writing to?

I cannot be sure what caused your workbench to fail when it used to work fine. I have had some problems with writing dates to a service myself though it was not hosted on ArcGIS Online. This might be a wild guess but can you try converting your date to epoch format:

So June 13, 2022 2:40:00 PM would have to be converted to 1655131200

You can do this in FME by using the DateTimeConverter and setting the output format to %s. Then put an AttributeRounder behind that and choose your converted date attribute and set the decimal places to 0.

I hope that this workaround will fix the problem you're having.

Badge

Hey!

Thanks for the comment.

All the best

-Ed

Hi Birgit

Im making progress, this is teaching me quite alot which is very handy!

So after trying what you recomended I did some fiddling and ended up using the AttributeTrimmer which i set up to remove the 00000000 values from the dates columns (See above).

After some more fiddling and setting it up to remove 0's from the left as aside to both sides I have gotten it working. So maybe it was a change in the source data with how missing values were recorded within these columns that originally caused the problem.

Again thank you for the help!

Now just fixing this

Badge +7

Hey!

Thanks for the comment.

All the best

-Ed

Try this:

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hAWVSA2/convert-one-point-into-multipoint