Question

CoordinateRounder removes Z Coordinate of Arc Centerpoint and Changes Type

• 20 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

I have a dataset with a mix of 3D lines and arcs. When using the CoordinateRounder, it removes the Centerpoint Z Coordinate and changes the type from ArcByCenterpoint to ArcByCenterpointWithEnds . I do not want this.

Before 

After

3 replies

Badge +13

I tried this on FME desktop 2022.2 and found that if you leave Z Precision in the coordinate rounder blank, it will not remove the Z-value.

ZBlankBut if you have it as 0, it will remove Z-value (not sure why). But I think that might fix your issue.

Z0

Badge +5

I have 2022.1 right now, but will upgrade soon. What I was going for was everything rounded to 3 digits. What does 3 give you? It makes sense Z is ignored if blank, but I was trying to round the arc center point Z as well. To me, this is a bug. Is a center point not considered a coordinate? Also, why does it change the Arc type? Really, it should change it to Arc By Three Points instead of Centerpoint With Ends. At any rate, I can use the Attribute Rounder for my purposes. Thanks for the response.

Badge +13

When I put 3 in the coordinate rounder it does remove Z-value from the Center Point. Maybe it's assuming that Start / Center / Endpoint has the same elevation?

I also like to use Stringformatter and use .3f to round my coordinates, but attributerounder works too.