Question

Matching two tables and output result

• 18 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Dear Sir / Madam,

Actually I am trying to match two excel table values (attributes name from two different samples).

In the excel, I have one matching table and two models attributes in two tab sheet.

I would like to compare the value with Model 1 and Model 2 based on the matching table. For example, apple matching apple. However, some of the naming are not exactly matched with wording and are slightly different, such as Pineapple in sample 1 is equal to USA_Pineapple in sample 2. Is it possible to do that? Also, if possible, could it be not case sensitive?

Then, I would like to perform a value check on two samples based on the matching table I provided. The result that I want to get is on the "Output Sample" tab in orange colour.

I have attached my sample data here. I hope you understand what I said and I hope it is possible to do that.

Thank you all and have a good day!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

You are probably looking for the FuzzyStringComparer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

You are probably looking for the FuzzyStringComparer.

Added a workspace demonstrating this.

Badge

Oh my god! thank you so much for your detailed illustration. It is more complex than what I expected. I will take a look how it work first.

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo much for your help. I am really appreciated it. :)

Badge

Hi @nielsgerrits​ , may I ask what is the meaning of Requestor = 1 and Supplier = 1 in the first FeatureMerger transformer?

Also, it seems that you are checking the ratio with "MatchRatio"?

If I change the matching table (or add more attributes in it), is the MatchRatio = 0.8 still valid for all cases?

Thank you very much.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

The goal is to find the best fitting supplier for each requestor. To make these comparisons, you will need all combinations of the two tables. When using the FeatureMerger with a value for suppliers that equals the value for requestors, all suppliers will be merged to all requestors. It will put the suppliers in a list, this is why you need a ListExploder to get back all the features.

The FuzzyStringComparer is outputting a match ratio. You need judge if a comparison was "successful". After some runs I found that a value of 0.8 returned the results you were after in the sample you provided.