Question

Data Streaming and Data Download Services and FeatureWriter Dataset String Functions

• 17 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

When using a FeatureWriter with strings functions in the Dataset, the file is written correctly when using the Job Submitter service but not with the Data Download and Data Streaming services. Specifically, the string functions are not evaluated.

screenshotIn this particular case, I want to append the file name with the current date. It seems this has worked correctly in the past. Has something changed, or should it not be possible to do this using those services?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

That's odd. I would expect it to work this way, but can confirm that on FME Server 2022.1.2 (build 22627) it doesn't evaluate the functions when using a Data Download service. What version/build are you using?

Badge +8

Thanks for the response. I'm also running FME Server 2022.1.2 (Build 22627 - win64).

Badge +9

I've filed a ticket for this issue FMESERVER-19365 I'll update this post once it's been fixed!

Badge +8

I've filed a ticket for this issue FMESERVER-19365 I'll update this post once it's been fixed!

Sienna, Much thanks. Phil Philip R. McPherson, PE | Network Engineer – Technology Development W: 207.317.1249 | C: 207.317.1249 philip.mcpherson@consolidated.com consolidated.com<http://www.consolidated.com/> | NASDAQ: CNSL [cid:image002.jpg@01D71677.91CD0210]