Question

ESRI python interpreter on FME Server

• 15 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

I have a workspace that uses ESRI ArcGIS Python 3.9+ and works as intended on FME Desktop. When uploading to FME Server, I receive this error: A Python interpreter could not be loaded. Please ensure the workspace `Python Compatibility` is set to an available Python version.

Based on this link, Using Python with FME Server (safe.com), I believe I need to upload the correct python module to the FME Server Resources directory (presumably a python module that was distributed with the install of ArcGIS Pro 3.0). Both the ESRI software and FME Server are installed on the same machine.

I'm having trouble locating the correct files to upload to the Resources. Which files need to be uploaded, and where would I find them?

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @dustin​ ,

Esri ArcGIS Python Interpreter uses the dependencies from ArcGIS license, so this may be explain why you're running into this issue on Server. If you're calling ArcPy, access to Esri libraries is required. While it is technically possible for FME Server to use ArcGIS Pro, we have been informed by Esri Inc. that the use of ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro in a server context violates Esri's license terms . ArcGIS Enterprise must be installed and licensed on the same machine as the FME Server Engine Service to use the SDE formats in FME Server. For more information please see Using FME Server with ESRI ArcGIS Software,  Esri’s article or contact your Esri account manager for clarification of Esri’s licensing terms.