Question

Running and processing ArcGIS Pro python on different server

• 15 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +9

Is it possible to get FME Server to run and process an ArcGIS Python script on a different server?

I have an ArcGIS Pro​ script that undertakes some map series functions but the script won't run on the FME Server. My guess is a permissions, user, python version or path issue but haven’t been able to get it to run successfully on the FME Server. I have installed ArcGIS Pro but with no luck.

So I waz thinking if the script resides on an ArcGIS Server then maybe that would solve the problem but cannot figure out if it is feasible.

Does anyone know what i can do?

Regards Dean

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Have you had a look at the fmeprocessmonitor log file? you should get some hints as to why your python is failing there. Theres a good thread here on python Errors in FME Server:

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hMILSA2/fme-server-python-error-logs

There are command line tools available to execute commands on another computer, however, this is probably more of a headache than it's worth.

Are you able to trigger the ArcGIS server tool with a REST call or something? that would probably be the easiest/least complex approach of you really can't get the python to rio on your FME Server

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

If you do end up wanting to process it on the ArcGIS Server, the best way would be to publish it as a GP Service and call that through an HTTP Caller