Question

XMLUpdater allways uses value of last Feature

• 10 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I would like to replace the content of one node in XML fragments (SLD/SE), which I import into FME. I merge these fragments to other features with the values for the replacement and want to do the replacement for each feature.

With the XMLUpdater that seemed to be an easy task. Nevertheless, using the configuration as shown in the attached workspace, the contents of the node allways gets replaced by the value of the last incoming feature, not the value of the feature with the corresponding XML fragment. I read a lot of articles here in the FME community but could not find out what I am doing wrong. Do I missunderstand the function of the updater?

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

If I've understood correctly, you need to remove the FeatureMerger, send your updates to the update port and the original xml fragments to the document port, rename the fme_basename to GeoserverLayerName and set this as the group by in your XMLUpdater

If I've understood correctly, you need to remove the FeatureMerger, send your updates to the update port and the original xml fragments to the document port, rename the fme_basename to GeoserverLayerName and set this as the group by in your XMLUpdater

@ebygomm​ , thank you a lot, this does exactly what I wanted to do!