Question

ArcSDE to PDF

• 9 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I want to convert the features from ArcSDE to a pdf. I have an autocad file that contains some blocks to assign to points that can use as a template. I also have an Excel file that contains the color and width of each Lines that can to be assigned to specific features.

I would like to know how I can assign the Autocad file to my feature.

In addition when I try to determine the values ​​of pdf_fill_color using Atribute Format, the color doesn't change at all. do you know where i can find color code? (DWG Styler doesn't help me because I have color of features as code in an excel file and I just need to link color to feature.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @arash_hokm​ thanks for your question! For your first question, I believe the DWGStyler is your easiest solution for this! You can specify the block you would like to use to replace your points using a Template File. See this similar question: https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000081VMWOSA4/point-to-dwg-symbol

For your second question, I believe the attribute you are looking for is 'fme_color' which can be exposed from the Feature Information Window with the AttributeExposer. You can then set the value of this with an AttributeManager (or similar transformer) using the values from a different file. However, you can also use the DWGStyler and use the attribute value from your Excel file that stores your color as the 'Color' attribute value, but the value would have to be converted to RGB first:

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions :)