Question

topological operators

I have two separated polygons. both of them have unique identifier which is written inside polygons. also, both of them have area_official, but it is written on the bigger polygon. s, I want to associate the area and smaller polygon together.

What I do to make it work?

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

It looks like you have asked the same question twice?

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q00009u03JbSAI/relationship-between-parcel-and-area

Yes, because I thought maybe would understand what I mean better by drawing the shape.

I separated bigger and smaller parcels from each other by id_number, but the area_number for both of them is written in bigger parcel. I want to associate each area_number with its own parcel.

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

In the image in your parallel question there appears to be a loose polygon identifier (with insertion point), which is always inside the parcel, and a second polygon identifier (with insertion point) with a nearby area text (with insertion point). The distance between this second polygon identifier and the area text appears to always be the same, so you can combine them from their insertion points. Next you can join these data to the loose polygon identifier.

ParcelNumber_Area

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Yes, NeighborFinder is probably a good choice.

Hard to be sure without access to your data.

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

There can always be exceptions. The results of your process depends largely on the quality of your input.

Thanks for providing your data, I will look into it.

There can always be exceptions. The results of your process depends largely on the quality of your input.

Thanks for providing your data, I will look into it.

Thanks for your help🌺

In the image in your parallel question there appears to be a loose polygon identifier (with insertion point), which is always inside the parcel, and a second polygon identifier (with insertion point) with a nearby area text (with insertion point). The distance between this second polygon identifier and the area text appears to always be the same, so you can combine them from their insertion points. Next you can join these data to the loose polygon identifier.

ParcelNumber_Area

I think your clue is right, I should combine id and area that you has drawn blue rectangle, because they are in same position. is there a way except neighborfinder for combine them?

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

It's even more simple. The points of the displaced Size objects (layer OFF_SP_LOT) coincide with helper points on the layer STR_SP_LOT, which contain the parcel number in their text.

So use a SpatialRelator to identify the displaced Size objects and add the parcel numbers to those points.

Next add the size attribute to the object of STR_NO_LOT with the same parcel number. Or maybe move the displaced Size objects to the location of the corresponding object of STR_NO_LOT.

ParcelNumber_Area2

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Good to see you tried it yourself.

Sometimes the end points of the edges do not match. Put a Snapper before the AreaBuilder, this gives you better parcels.

I went with moving the Size annotations, to place them inside the right parcel.

ParcelNumber_Area3

Hello again,

I did it acoording yout clue, Thank you very much for your helpinh.

also,I have some questions.

in AreaBuilder, there is Snapping setting as well as, is it the same with snapping you took it before AreaBuilder?

Why you have used OFF_NO_LOT?if I enterde it, what is the links?

and about StringReplacer, How You have done 3 conditons with just one?

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Hi @engshabanpour13​ , I see I have forgotten to add the workspace last friday, here it is! By studying the workpace (FME 2020.0) I hope your technical questions will be answered.

Some other answers:

• FeatureJoiner is a lightweight version of FeatureMerger, I tend do use FeatureJoiner when it has the functionality I need.
  • I used a Snapper and an AreaBuilder, but you can do the snapping in the AreaBuilder as well. It's the same functionality.
  • I did not use OFF_NO_LOT, as the combination of OFF_SP_LOT and STR_SP_LOT was much easier to use.

Hi @engshabanpour13​ , I see I have forgotten to add the workspace last friday, here it is! By studying the workpace (FME 2020.0) I hope your technical questions will be answered.

Some other answers:

• FeatureJoiner is a lightweight version of FeatureMerger, I tend do use FeatureJoiner when it has the functionality I need.
  • I used a Snapper and an AreaBuilder, but you can do the snapping in the AreaBuilder as well. It's the same functionality.
  • I did not use OFF_NO_LOT, as the combination of OFF_SP_LOT and STR_SP_LOT was much easier to use.

Thank you so much.

your answers was helpful to me.

if I have question another time, Can I ask you again here?

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Thank you so much.

your answers was helpful to me.

if I have question another time, Can I ask you again here?

I'm glad I could help you.

I'm flattered you want to ask me again for your next question, but I may not know the answer, or I may not be in. So I think it is better if you just enter your next question without specifically asking for me, or for other individual members. The strength of this community lays in all users combined. We each have our own knowledge, and we all want to help each other.

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Hi @engshabanpour13​ , adding the results from the TextPropertyExtractor to the polygons was no problem.

STR_NO_LOT__POAOSTR_NO_LOT