Solved

Google Sheets Authentication

• 8 November 2022
  • 6 replies

I am trying to add a web service on the FME server (Google Sheets - safe google sheets). I put in the credentials and click authorize, a pop up appears. It says "FME wants to access your Google Account", I click allow. Then the page refreshes and says:

Make sure you trust FME

Sign in or provide access to FME

To sign in or provide access:

1. Copy the authorization code from the Authorization code section.
  2. Navigate to FME.
  3. Paste the authorization code on the FME screen.

Authorization code

Please copy this code, switch to your application and paste it there

Where do I navigate to FME? On the Web?

Where do I paste the code?

I checked my google account's security for FME and there is no option of adding the code.

icon

Best answer by keziaatsafe 17 November 2022, 16:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @loulo​ ,

What version of FME are you using? I haven't run into this before but this may be due to my Google accounts having 2-Step Verifications set up. Do you have 2-Step Verification turned on for your Google account? Can you share a screenshot of the what you see when the page refreshes and asking for the authorization code?

Have you tried adding the web connection in FME Desktop and publishing to FME Server?

Thanks

Hi @loulo​ ,

What version of FME are you using? I haven't run into this before but this may be due to my Google accounts having 2-Step Verifications set up. Do you have 2-Step Verification turned on for your Google account? Can you share a screenshot of the what you see when the page refreshes and asking for the authorization code?

Have you tried adding the web connection in FME Desktop and publishing to FME Server?

Thanks

Hi @keziaatsafe​ 

Please see the screenshot of the message.message

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @keziaatsafe​ 

Hi @loulo​ ,

Thanks for the screenshot! Do you have more details that you can share on the other questions?

Hi @keziaatsafe​ 

Sorry @keziaatsafe​ 

I am using 2022.1.1 and yes I have 2-factor authentication on the google account.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @keziaatsafe​ 

Hi @loulo​ ,

Thanks! I was not able to find where you can paste this authorization code. However, can you confirm that FME has access to your Google account in the Security > Third-party apps with account access page. Please see this link to navigate to the settings. Can you also test adding this web connection in FME Desktop first and then publishing to FME Server?

Hope this helps!

Kezia

Hi @keziaatsafe​ 

Hi @keziaatsafe​ 

Re-publishing the connection through FME Desktop seemed like it did the trick!

Thank you so much!