Question

Raster question

• 8 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +14

Ok, I know this is something dumb, but rather than beating my head against a wall I figured I'd ask for some help! I have a vector data set that I am converting to a raster. No problems there. The issue I am having is each vector polygon has a value set. I want to pass the value to each raster pixel (30X30). When I use any of the vector to raster converters (mapnik, image, or numeric) rasterizers I am getting the same single raster without the values being passed. I attempted to group the features by a GUID, and value but that just created 700+ separate rasters. Any ideas on how to pass the value field to each single pixel would be appreciated. I've attached a sample of the clipped vector data.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Try the VectorOnRasterOverlayer. On the polygons, you will need to create or set the fme_color attribute to the value you want to use on the raster.

Badge +14

I will give it a try and thank you.

Badge +14

I am seeing the same type of issue. The value field that is in the vector data is not being passed for some reason. In th VectorOnRasterOverlayer it is looking for color or intensity. If I make the value field a USER_PARAMETER it fails saying it is the wrong format. It is just a two digit number that I want assigned to the pixel.

Badge +2

@wisegis​ VectorOnRasterOverlayer is looking for a Z value. Use 3dForcer to set Z to "value'. See the attached (FME 2022.1)

Badge +14

Thank you very much. I had tried that earlier with a process, but I think where I was getting my wired crossed was the actual output in FME doesn't show the pixel value when you review the data. I just brought it into ArcGIS Pro and the data is showing up. Thanks again for your help.