Question

Problem reading anything from a simple SHP to point cloud (LAS)

• 8 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi!

I got a problem with my app... I think!

I got the same error message for anything that I read or transform.

From a single simple shapefile polygon to LiDAR point cloud (las) i can't seem to do anything

Here's the log:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feature Type: `'

Attribute(string: UTF-8): `fme_geometry' has value `fme_point'

Attribute(string: UTF-8): `fme_type' has value `fme_point'

Coordinate System: `_FME_0'

Geometry Type: IFMEPoint

Coordinate Dimension: 3

(301381.02734451834,5038785.402441637,0)

===============================================================

Unknown coordinate system '_FME_0' specified - aborting

I've tried geometry coercer and to reproject in simple epsg's but it doesnt help

I'm far from good on this app... hope someone can help!

Thanks your time!

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

_FME_0 means that FME doesn't recognize the coordinate system of the source data, so you will need to specify what the coordinate system is somehow. You can do this on the reader itself from the Navigator panel, or by telling the Reprojector what the Source Coordinate System is. If it's a coordinate system not already defined in the list of coordinates systems that came with the FME install, you will need to define a custom one. Adding a Custom Coordinate System (safe.com)

_FME_0 means that FME doesn't recognize the coordinate system of the source data, so you will need to specify what the coordinate system is somehow. You can do this on the reader itself from the Navigator panel, or by telling the Reprojector what the Source Coordinate System is. If it's a coordinate system not already defined in the list of coordinates systems that came with the FME install, you will need to define a custom one. Adding a Custom Coordinate System (safe.com)

Thank you for your answer!

The thing is that I know the coordinate system of the data from the data info sheet and I put it in the reader and even tried to reproject the data.

I have also confirm the projection on multiple GIS application.

This goes for everything I put in the workbench even a simple rectangle SHP in EPSG:2950 for example.

I can even read it and see its that the positionning is good but the message keeps appearing every time im trying to vizualize the data or transform it

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Can you share one of those files, for example that simple rectangle you mention, here so we can have a look?