Question

ArcGIS Indoors to IMDF transformation - Multiple same addresses written to address.geojson

• 8 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I've created a functional workspace based on the wonderful ArcGIS Indoors to IMDF template; Even got a reasonable IMDF dataset successfully written!

In my ArcGIS Indoors model, I don't have any data in the "Sites" feature class (IMDF: venue.geojson) but it's handled in the workspace (thanks!). A little massaging of my source data solved that problem!

Unfortunately, I have address data in the ArcGIS Indoors "Facilities" feature class. Since the venue.geojson and building.geojson both originate from "Facilities", and there were two rows in Facilities, this results in multiple (3) entries of the same address (okay, they have unique address_ids).

I'm new to FME -- so, I tried a few things (i.e. adding a "DuplicateFilter" but then realized I don't know how to get the respective address_id further downstream).

I was thinking of "FeatureMerger" (?) but it seems really magical and I can't quite figure out how/why it works for Victoria Airport ... (also I suspect they statically set a single address somewhere but I can't quite figure out where based on [reference].

I would be really grateful for some advice on how to resolve this.

Many thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @dky​,

The quickest way to solve this problem is to remove the connector from the Buildings to the Address section, then bypass and remove the transformer UUIDGenerator_2. This will prevent the building addresses being created and referenced by the building features.