Question

Hello, can you help me? I have .las format cloud point as input and I want to get buildings with roofs?

• 7 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hello, can you help me? I have .las format cloud point as input and I want to get buildings with roofs?

5 replies

Badge +20

You can start with this article and build your own workflow Creating Boundary and Point Features from a Point Cloud (safe.com)

Badge

You can start with this article and build your own workflow Creating Boundary and Point Features from a Point Cloud (safe.com)

Thanks a lot for your answer. Already done this. I searched, read and try all FME articles based on point clouds and roofs. I think I am missing some elegant solutions.

Badge +20

Thanks a lot for your answer. Already done this. I searched, read and try all FME articles based on point clouds and roofs. I think I am missing some elegant solutions.

Can you provide more details as to what you have and what you want to achieve? Some sample data, an example of your desired output.

Buildings with roofs is a broad theme.

Badge

I want to get result as here:

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hZetSAE/modelling-roofs-tins-versus-draped-features

but I am missing something.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @maloks​. I think we'll need some more information before someone can help here. What have you tried so far? What does your current output look like (i.e. what is missing)? What is your expected output? If you are encountering errors, please share your log file. Screenshots to illustrate what you're working with and your current results would help. Even better would be some sample data and/or your current workspace (.fmw or .fmwt).